My Father

My Father
Love you Dad!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Celebration!

Celebration is way under rated.  We just don't celebrate as much as we should.  I for one am going to change that starting today!  First, I want to celebrate the fact that I graduated yesterday from physical therapy.  Yep, thats right, I have a certificate to prove it.  You know how we put the children's grades on the refrigerator?  Well, in our house it is our medical tribulations.  I took down the great colonoscopy report and put up my certificate:)  My physical therapist indicated that I am stronger and can continue on at the gym or at home.  Another thing that we should all celebrate is the fact that there is now a drink called the "skinny margarita"!  I went to a great Mexican restaurant over the weekend.  They have great frozen margaritas!  While my husband and I were taking the last sips of the drink, the waiter ask if we wanted to try another.  We hesitated just briefly and the waiter mentioned that we also had the skinny margarita.  Being very skeptical, we decided to try it.  I am here to say it was just like the first one.  Lets all put our hands together for the woman that came up with that!  I forgot to ask what the calorie difference was?  Does anyone out there happen to know?
One of the reasons I chose to write about celebrating is because I will turn 47 next Wednesday.  My husband ask, "what would you like for your birthday"?  It is always the same answer.  Good health, cancer-free and to figure out how in the world my yorkie can eat and sleep all day and still only weigh 6 pounds!  Taylor, what is your secret?  She is 12 years old and looks like a puppy.  Anyway, I digress.
I would like to celebrate before my birthday.  I have my blood drawn tomorrow and will meet with the oncologist next Tuesday for my results.  It is always a difficult time for me as that day gets closer.  You start to think about the what ifs.  I pray a lot more than I usually do.  I also try to occupy my time so I don't think too much about it.  On Tuesday I would like to celebrate.
So everyone, lets raise our skinny margaritas and celebrate the big and little things in life.  While we are at it, can a get a few more prayers for Tuesday's results.  Thanks and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment